Friday 27 January 2012

Out of the frying pan...

Couldn't resist calling my page this, it's done (or at least as done as I want it to be for now) so here are some pics of it. Apologies for the pics in advance, since getting my new laptop running 64-bit Windows 7, I've discovered that my photo-editing software MGI PhotoSuite, and my graphics package Windows Draw are both far too old to be able to run on this operating system - so I am playing around with what I have got and trying to download new software which *is* supported and *will* run under 64-bit Windows 7... so far MS Publisher seems to be kinda doing what I want it to do, but it's just not the same as the software I've been using since forever grrr...

Out of the frying pan... and into the fire, the journaling reads. Because that's kinda how I feel, having jumped straight into this without really knowing what I am doing. But then this is a journey of discovery, and the whole point of the exercise is to try out new things and not be scared by them.

Hopefully I'll look back on this page in a few months/years time and think "Girl what on EARTH were you doing!" but for now I'm actually kinda happy with this page.

And like it says: Who will judge? Only me...

THERE ARE NO
ART-JOURNALING POLICE!

And that lovely phrase came from my days on the newsgroup rec.crafts.textiles.quilting, only there it was there are no quilt police, but it means exactly the same thing - if YOU like what YOU have done then you have succeeded - nobody else matters, this is YOUR artwork and YOUR journey. After all, this is a journal, and the definition in Merriam-Webster's dictionary says: "Journal - a record of experiences, ideas, or reflections kept regularly for private use".


So I will continue to throw ink and paint and rubber-stamps at my pages, and make a complete mess everywhere ('altered' armchair anyone? that blue overspray effect could really catch on...) and I will enjoy myself as I do it.

Thought I'd better stick a couple of pics of what I'd written cos it's a bit hard to read on the main pic, these are certainly preconceptions in my world and I have to learn how to live with them. Or more to the point, learn how to get around them. Nobody said this was going to be an easy ride!

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

Love the colours on this.It's a great start!

thekathrynwheel said...

Hello there Weasel :-) Loving your journal page, and you're right, there are no such things as mistakes! Guess what? You are the winner of my little matchbox give-away. Yay for you! Get in touch ........ Kate x