Tuesday 26 May 2009

Jiggy piece - Weaselwise (that's me folks!)

Music in purple (using supplied purple ribbon)
Last but not least here's my own piece - another mini-book made using three 3" slide mounts lightly stamped with a music theme and held together with purple ribbon threaded thru holes punched and reinforced with my crop-a-dile (was going to have used the Bind-it-All but got carried away using the purple ribbon as lacing across the cover before punching the holes with it so had to use the crop-a-dile instead lol)

The backing paper was sponged over with purple distress ink and again the book is held onto the jigsaw piece with a length of purple organza ribbon. The guitar embellishment on the cover of the book is actually a metal key-fob which my fella found for me and goes perfectly with the book, which contains several pictures of my friend Pete Gale, the extremely talented guitarist from 'Hair of the Dog' and 'Galeforce' who died in January this year, and the piece is my tribute to him.
I've supplied everyone in my group a chunk of the same thin purple ribbon so its going to be very interesting to get my completed jigsaw back and see how my teamies have interpreted my theme.

No comments: