Monday 25 May 2009

Jiggy piece - Dragonfly Jane

Forest trees
...more British woodland type trees, nothing exotic like palm trees or decorated like Christmas trees...

This was the last piece I made - in fact I only finished it this morning... for some reason I just couldn't come up with any ideas for what to do with this theme... it sounds 'easy-peasy', I mean just how hard is it to come up with a tree? Obviously very hard... I just couldn't get inspired by anything - and the shape of the piece having 3 'holes' in it just didn't help either. 

A chance email with another lady a few days ago however suddenly sparked something in my poor addled brain however and I dug out a photo I'd taken of a tree (funnily enough taken during a break on an all-day scrapbook crop!) which I printed in black and white, then attacked with alcohol inks in butterscotch and lettuce. The quote is the opening 2 lines of a lovely poem by Joyce Kilmer, and the tree-shaped brad I think just finishes it off nicely.

No comments: